Cannot add a new registered file type

  • Start date Start date

curt ellmann

I am using windows 2000 SP 4.

When I bring up the folder options dialog (from the tools
menu), on the file types page, the NEW and DELETE buttons
are disabled so I cannot add a new registered file type.
I am logged in as administrator. What is the problem?

Thanks -curt.

I have the same problem. I had this problem only on a
Windows 2000 Terminal Server. I don`t know a solution yet.

Greatings Stefan

If you find a solution to this, please let me know.

I have another machine that I thought was installed in the same way,
that does not have this problem. One thing that I have done recently
on the problem machine is to install VPN software.

My first thought was that there was some registery setting that could
be altered to re-enable this, but I'm not that familiar with windows
to know what it would be.

Thanks.
-curt.

Hello,
Please review the following KB Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;257592
Hopefully this information will assist in resolving this issue.
Joe Griffin[MS]