Can not connect using dial-up in network connection wizard

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi there
I have recently upgraded my PC from XP home to XP Professional. Before on the XP home i had a broadband internet connection set-up with freeserve, which worked fine. However when i upgraded to Proefessional the sign in/dial-up for the internet connection did not work.
I called freeserve and they instructed me to do some things, with no luck. Then they said i will have to set it up manually, so they guided me through it but became stuck because the computer would not let me select "connect using a dial-up modem" in the Net connection wizard, the option where there, but grayed out and could not be selected

Could anyone advise on how i could solve this problem

Thanks for anyones help in advanc

Regard
Keir Whitlock

Keir said:
Hi there,
I have recently upgraded my PC from XP home to XP Professional. Before on the XP home i had a broadband internet connection set-up with freeserve, which worked fine. However when i upgraded to Proefessional the sign in/dial-up for the internet connection did not work.
I called freeserve and they instructed me to do some things, with no luck. Then they said i will have to set it up manually, so they guided me through it but became stuck because the computer would not let me select "connect using a dial-up modem" in the Net connection wizard, the option where there, but grayed out and could not be selected.

Could anyone advise on how i could solve this problem.

Thanks for anyones help in advance

Regards
Keir Whitlock
Your post is somewhat confusing. You say you had a broadband connection
using freeserve, but then you say you can't set up a dial-up connection
to freeserve. Which are you trying to set up, a broadband connection or
a dialup connection?

Keir said:
I know i didn't understand it myself, but it is a freeserve broadband connection that i am trying to set up, but thats what they said. Also when i click onto the broadband sign in/dial up icon it comes up with a window saying ERROR could not create connection "+Freeserve Broadband+". I dont understand why i shouldn't work, my friend has XP Pro to and the same freeserve service and it works ok there. Maybe is should just back-up the things i want and start a fresh installation

Is this a cable connection?

Back