Can I create a search engine?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scott
  • Start date Start date
S

Scott

How do I create a search engine of some kind for my database? (without having to setup a new query everytime)

I have a database which contains a library of topics and related notes associated with books, movies, internet, etc.
What I want to be able to do is search the database TOPICS field through some type of search engine to find all the resources that cover a particular Topic in my database and where they can be found.

For example, if I want to find all the resources I have assoicated with TREES, I want to either be able to type in the word "trees" or maybe even use a drop down list and select trees and a page comes up with all the resouces associated with trees.

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Scott

You can create an unbound field on a form then query. In the query criteria line of the field (where "tree" would be located) you would need to refer to the unbound field in this way
Like "*"&Forms![frmInput]![UnboundFieldName]&"*

This will return any record with Tree in that field

----- Scott wrote: ----

How do I create a search engine of some kind for my database? (without having to setup a new query everytime

I have a database which contains a library of topics and related notes associated with books, movies, internet, etc
What I want to be able to do is search the database TOPICS field through some type of search engine to find all the resources that cover a particular Topic in my database and where they can be found

For example, if I want to find all the resources I have assoicated with TREES, I want to either be able to type in the word "trees" or maybe even use a drop down list and select trees and a page comes up with all the resouces associated with trees

Thanks for any help or suggestion

Back