Calling Word from within a Access form Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a program that extracts a file to a directory and then calls Word up where I can then do a merge for labels. This was working fine until I did a dumb thing and tried to make it automatic. There was some code that someone pointed me to that showed how to make the merge run when word was called up. This worked fine on my machine but when I sent the update out to the people that use the program some worked and some caused funny errors, like when doing a regular report the date /time stamp on the reports showed up as ?date ?time. I have decided to remove this from the program as it seems to be causing more problems that good. I have remove the code from the program but now when I call up word I get a message that reads "Opening this document will run the following SQL command "Select * from C:\program files\cowboyextracts\ribbonlabels.txt" Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to continue? Yes No. You answer Yes and the word will start with the label template on the screen. I can then go in and do the merge like I used to do. My question is how do I get away from that message? If anyone can help me I promise not to mess with something that is working again

Thanks
Tom

That message you get is a new security feature in word 2003.

You can get rid of that prompt. (I don't remember 100% how to do this...but
if you ask in a word newsgroup..they will help you out).

As it turns out..I do have a working word merge, and it should fix/work for
you.

If you want...give my word merge a try..and see if it works on your pc.If it
works..then likely..it will work on all pc's.

There is also instructions on how to use my example in YOUR application.
Check it out at:

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn/msaccess/msaccess.html

Back