Calculating Fields On Reports and in queries

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

First thing is, don't carry calculated values in tables. Calculate them each
time you need to use them, both in reports and on forms.

Hi
I am New to access so if my q sounds a bit of I apologize..

I have three fields on a form where the third field has a calculation in it to calculate the diff between the first two fields.Becuase the answer of the third [where the calculation is]field does not get updated to the relevant field I created in the table I have problems with the reports and the querys because that field is empty. When I create a report with the wizard that field has no value.

What is an easy way to get the values in that field [reports] to actualy have a value of the answer in the form.[3rd field]

Are there any reason that the answer on the form are not updated with the calculated answer to the relevant field in the table I created.

Thanx

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Do not save calculated values.
In the report, repeat the same calculation you did on the form.

Hi
I am New to access so if my q sounds a bit of I apologize..

I have three fields on a form where the third field has a calculation in it to calculate the diff between the first two fields.Becuase the answer of the third [where the calculation is]field does not get updated to the relevant field I created in the table I have problems with the reports and the querys because that field is empty. When I create a report with the wizard that field has no value.

What is an easy way to get the values in that field [reports] to actualy have a value of the answer in the form.[3rd field]

Are there any reason that the answer on the form are not updated with the calculated answer to the relevant field in the table I created.

Thanx

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Back