Cache Control Problems

  • Start date Start date

I am having this problem:

If you read Web pages from a site, an HTML page may be incomplete, or you
may receive script error messages such as the following in Microsoft Internet
Explorer (Programming) version 6.0:

Object doesn't support this property or method
-or-
'(object reference)' is null or not an object

As describe in article 327286

The workaround says to change the cache control or to disable HTTP
compression for the script files. How do I do either of these things???

I'm unable to send webbased email because of this problem. With both yahoo
and msn - whenever I try to reply or compose anything only the 'To:' and
'Subject' fields show up with no place to write a message. The error that
comes up with the browser is: 'editor' is null or not an object.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
The workarounds in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327286 would be
implemented by the webmaster.

Can you describe, in more detail, the problem you're having with Internet
Explorer?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Unktehi said:
I am having this problem:

If you read Web pages from a site, an HTML page may be incomplete, or you
may receive script error messages such as the following in Microsoft Internet
Explorer (Programming) version 6.0:

Object doesn't support this property or method
-or-
'(object reference)' is null or not an object

As describe in article 327286

The workaround says to change the cache control or to disable HTTP
compression for the script files. How do I do either of these things???

You can try updating your scripting engine. The latest scripting engine can
be found at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

(98, ME, NT4.0) For 2000 and XP go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure advice remains current
Visit the Internet Explorer Online Community:

Unktehi said:
I am having this problem:

If you read Web pages from a site, an HTML page may be incomplete, or
you
may receive script error messages such as the following in Microsoft Internet
Explorer (Programming) version 6.0:

Object doesn't support this property or method
-or-
'(object reference)' is null or not an object

As describe in article 327286

The workaround says to change the cache control or to disable HTTP
compression for the script files. How do I do either of these things???

I tried updating the scripting engine, that didn't help either.

"Unktehi" <Unktehi[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am having this problem:

If you read Web pages from a site, an HTML page may be incomplete, or
you
may receive script error messages such as the following in Microsoft
Internet
Explorer (Programming) version 6.0:

Object doesn't support this property or method
-or-
'(object reference)' is null or not an object

As describe in article 327286

The workaround says to change the cache control or to disable HTTP
compression for the script files. How do I do either of these things???

Sorry. The only other possibility that comes to mind is to clear the cache.
IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete files (and delete offline
content.)

Or, maybe, do you have any other programs running (privacy, security,
ad-blockers) that might be causing this?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

:

Hi,
[...]

Yeah, I've tried that several times. I've also disabled pccillan - thinking
that would change something. I can't think of anything else that would be
causing it either :(