C:\docume~1\

G

Everytime a pop up ad comes up, or when I click to open some windows, I get an error message for internet explorer to shut down. It says the source of the error is a file located somwhere in C:\docume~1, a path which when I search for I cannot find and when I look in my C: is not there. What do I do to end my problems? Please help now!

C

CheshireCat

Adam Patterson said:
Everytime a pop up ad comes up, or when I click to open some windows, I
get an error message for internet explorer to shut down. It says the source
of the error is a file located somwhere in C:\docume~1, a path which when I
search for I cannot find and when I look in my C: is not there. What do I
do to end my problems? Please help now!

c:\docume~1 is the old/short 8.3 dos filename/directory version of "
c:\documents and settings" .

G

So how did you correct this problem-I have the same thing-I used to be able to fix it for a couple of days by restoring-that doesn't work anymore-e-mail continues to work-any help would be appreciated. thanks

----- Adam Patterson wrote: -----

Everytime a pop up ad comes up, or when I click to open some windows, I get an error message for internet explorer to shut down. It says the source of the error is a file located somwhere in C:\docume~1, a path which when I search for I cannot find and when I look in my C: is not there. What do I do to end my problems? Please help now!

Ask a Question