c# - Datagrid and drop down lists

  • Start date Start date

Marlene harkcom

I've got a datagrid with 5 bound columns in it as well as
an edit/update/cancel column. I'm binding this to a
dataset. One of the fields is always going to be one of
three values.
I want the user to be able to hit the edit button and have
this particular column become a drop down list where the
true value is selected, but they can choose one of the
other two values. I've been able to add a dropdownlist
column as a template column, but it is an editable
dropdownlist all of the time- I don't want that. I only
want it to be a drop down list when the person
chooses "edit".

Can anyone *please* help me out?

Hi Marlene,

I have replied you in another same issue you post:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=C#+-+Datagrid+-+using+dropdownlists?+v
-lwang&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=HznC7gwWDHA.2164%40cpmsftngxa06.phx.
gbl&rnum=1

Please let us know if the information helps you resolve the problem. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Lewis

| From: "Marlene harkcom" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Marlene harkcom" <[email protected]>
| Subject: c# - Datagrid and drop down lists
| Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:50:51 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| I've got a datagrid with 5 bound columns in it as well as
| an edit/update/cancel column. I'm binding this to a
| dataset. One of the fields is always going to be one of
| three values.
| I want the user to be able to hit the edit button and have
| this particular column become a drop down list where the
| true value is selected, but they can choose one of the
| other two values. I've been able to add a dropdownlist
| column as a template column, but it is an editable
| dropdownlist all of the time- I don't want that. I only
| want it to be a drop down list when the person
| chooses "edit".
|
| Can anyone *please* help me out?

Back
Top