burning movie maker to CD

  • Start date Start date

gary

I have just created a slide presentation using movie
maker. It runs fine on my computer, but when I burn it to
a cd the slide presentation stops but the music keeps
playing on. The slides do not always stop at the same
point, example one time at 5 minutes and 30 seconds, the
next time 10 minutes. Can any one help suggest a fix for
this type of problem. My system is 5 months old.

Are you burning the CD with Movie Maker or other software? Are you playing
the CD on your computer or on a DVD player?

I'm having the same problem. It seems to happen only with
a large movie. I've made smaller movies and it hasn't
happened with those. Have you gotten a reply on a fix yet?

Shawn

Have you tried MS Photostory 2? Just load in the slides
you want, arrange them, narrate a story, put in
background music, and burn the VCD to play in a DVD
player. In my DVD had to turn off PCB for it to work and
my son who has an emac said it did not work in the emac
CD player, but it did work in the DVD player attached to
the TV. I like the transitions that moviemaker had for
the slide show and hope that MS will consider offering
more transitions for photostory 2 as well as help in
making VCD menus and capability of buring more than one
photostory to a VCD at once. Regards, Chuck

Maybe I am crazy, but MM2 and PhotoStory seem so similar that the best parts
of both should be merged. I really like burning to VCD for the simple reason
that I can throw away lots of CD whereas DVD-R is still expensive.

If MM is listening, why not make PhotoStory a wizard for MM2 and upgrade MM2
to include support for VCD. And. why not add a chapter creation tool for DVD
like the Apple Tools?

Similar requests are made almost daily in this newsgroup. Without an
official response from Microsoft, one can only speculate about the
situation...

What I find interesting about the new release of PhotoStory is that the
"proves" Microsoft can support creating a VCD at low cost (I only paid $10
for my copy of Plus! DME). I suspect lots of people would pay say $20 for
"Plus! Windows Movie Maker" if such a product allowed you to create
VCDs/DVDs from within WMM.

Dan

Mr Smith,

Your message is off-topic, please refrain from posting off-topic messages
in this newsgroup.

--
Best Wishes.........John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

From: "J. Daniel Smith" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VCD Menu Effects
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:14:14 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

This newsgroup is for Windows MovieMaker, which doesn't create VCDs (or DVDs
for that matter).

Dan

Back
Top