Browsing Problems

  • Start date Start date

IE is giving the following problems:
1. Whenever I click a link, it is reloading the same page instead of taking
me to the page i clicked.

2. When I clcik this HP Support website, it says it needs ActiveX controls,
when I clicked to install, the system goes into hang mode and I loose
internet connection.

3. I am unable to open the following websites:
a) www.teluguone.com
b) www.thedesimedia.com

Whenever, I try to open these sites, it says "The page cannot be displayed",
for this reason I checked with the website owners and ISP persons, and found
that there is no problem from their side. Also, I could able to open these
websites from another system. But, I don't understand why i cannot open from
my system.

Please note that, in order to fix the above problems, I have tried all the
technical tools with the help of Wanadoo Technical Support, but they also
could not fix the problem.

I request you to please look into this problem and help me.

Thank you in advance for fixing this problem and I look forward to hearing
from you.

Hi,
The teluguone.com page is heavy on javascript and animated gifs.

Some possibilities:
First, check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is
blocking javascript, scripts, scripting, active content. Do you have a
pop-up blocker installed- Google toolbar, Yahoo companion, etc? Norton
Internet Security?

Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.).

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Sureshinfr" wrote in message