Boot getting VERY slow, Win XP Home

  • Start date Start date

Hi Folks,

I have a 3-yr-old Sony Vaio laptop, FXA36, with a one-year-old HDD. My boot
has been slowing down lately. Sometimes it takes a half hour to get fully
into Windows now. Coming out of hiberation is a hit-or-miss proposition. If I
restore the system within a short time, the re-boot is fine, but if the
system sits for several hours, the restore from hibernation sometimes fails
(LSA Shell InPageError).

Updated anti-virus software gives the machine a clean bill of health, as
does SpyBot S&D. Chkdsk says there's no problems with the disk. Once
started, Windows works normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry

Dead battery, maybe just weak? BTW, if you post the same
question 10 times real fast, such as within 5 minutes, do
you think you'll get more answers faster?

"Jerry Azevedo" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| Hi Folks,
|
| I have a 3-yr-old Sony Vaio laptop, FXA36, with a
one-year-old HDD. My boot
| has been slowing down lately. Sometimes it takes a half
hour to get fully
| into Windows now. Coming out of hiberation is a
hit-or-miss proposition. If I
| restore the system within a short time, the re-boot is
fine, but if the
| system sits for several hours, the restore from
hibernation sometimes fails
| (LSA Shell InPageError).
|
| Updated anti-virus software gives the machine a clean bill
of health, as
| does SpyBot S&D. Chkdsk says there's no problems with the
disk. Once
| started, Windows works normally.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks,
| Jerry

Hi Jim,

Thanks. The main battery is fine, but I'll check the CMOS battery. As to
your other comment, when I posted the first message, I got a message that
said there was an error and the message wasn't posted. So I did it again.
Same message. That's when I knew something was screwy. So the double post
wasn't intentional.

Regards,
Jerry

Back