Blocked sites?

FIST

Ever since installing MS Antispyware, I'm unable to connect to websites that
I had no trouble accessing before...for example, anything associated with
ezboard.com. I tried uninstalling and even system restore, but I can't
figure out how to fix this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick Dickey

Hello, "FIST" <[email protected]>!
You wrote on Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:22:48 -0600:

F> Ever since installing MS Antispyware, I'm unable to connect to websites
F> that I had no trouble accessing before...for example, anything
F> associated with ezboard.com. I tried uninstalling and even system
F> restore, but I can't figure out how to fix this.
F> Any help would be appreciated.

Open Internet Options (Tools Internet Options inside of Internet Explorer or
right click on the shortcut for Internet Explorer on your desktop and select
Properties). Go to the Security tab, click on Restricted Sites, and click the
Sites button. If you see anything with ezboard.com in there that you normally
use, select it, and click Remove. Do it for any sites that you use on a
frequent basis. Then, click Ok. Next, click on the Trusted Sites icon, and
click on the Sites button again. Add *.ezboard.com to the list. That should
take care of the problem.

If this doesn't help, let us know and we'll try to find something else.

Patrick Dickey<. E-mail: pd1ckey43(removethis)@msn.com

FIST

Yeah, I read some older posts to see if anyone was having a similar issue
and saw this was suggested. I didn't have any sites listed as restricted. I
have three different browsers installed and all of them seem to be affected
by it. I've also tried switching my firewall off and that didn't help
either.
If you guys have any other suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

sbp627

I'm not a techie but I just posted a reply for someone
else having a similar problem. As I told them, Road
Runner and a PC technician couldn't find a solution. In
the MS "How-to articles" I found article #281679 and it
worked for me so go through some of the problems/solutions
to see if any apply. All I did was close out of all
running programs, clicked start, then Run and typed in
regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then clicked ok - I was back to
normal. I was only getting selective sites as well - it
made me crazy! Now I keep getting these Security Alerts
everytime I try to use different Ebay sites and I don't
know how to correct that problem! Try this and let me know
if it works. GOOD LUCK! Sue

Greg R

I'm not a techie but I just posted a reply for someone
else having a similar problem. As I told them, Road
Runner and a PC technician couldn't find a solution. In
the MS "How-to articles" I found article #281679 and it
worked for me so go through some of the problems/solutions
to see if any apply. All I did was close out of all
running programs, clicked start, then Run and typed in
regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then clicked ok - I was back to
normal. I was only getting selective sites as well - it
made me crazy! Now I keep getting these Security Alerts
everytime I try to use different Ebay sites and I don't
know how to correct that problem! Try this and let me know
if it works. GOOD LUCK! Sue

If you are using xp sp2. Reinsert the xp sp2 cd and install it.

Greg R