blank windows

G

When open Norton Antivirus I get blank windows with header.When run System
Restore I get blank window too.Please help.Thanks

B

Bill James

First thing I would do is try to determine if NAV is working at all -- some virus/worm infections disable the popular anti-virus programs. An easy test would be to right click on any file and select the option "Scan for viruses". That's not a foolproof test, but it tells you something about the status of your protection.

Probably the easiest fix for you problem is to just reinstall Norton Antivirus. It would probably be best to first try doing a reinstall over the current install, so as to not be without protection even for a brief period of time. If that fails, go offline with the computer (disconnect from any local network and Internet), uninstall NAV then do a new install. Either way, be sure to check right away for new anti-virus definitions.

Another option is to go to a different anti-virus program, such as the free AVG program from http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/.

It's unclear to me if you are saying that the System Restore window is also blank, or that using System Restore to roll back your system does not solve the problem with Norton having a blank window.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

G

Bill James said:
First thing I would do is try to determine if NAV is working at all -- some virus/worm infections disable the popular anti-virus programs. An easy test would be to right click on any file and select the option "Scan for viruses". That's not a foolproof test, but it tells you something about the status of your protection.

Probably the easiest fix for you problem is to just reinstall Norton Antivirus. It would probably be best to first try doing a reinstall over the current install, so as to not be without protection even for a brief period of time. If that fails, go offline with the computer (disconnect from any local network and Internet), uninstall NAV then do a new install. Either way, be sure to check right away for new anti-virus definitions.

Another option is to go to a different anti-virus program, such as the free AVG program from http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/.

It's unclear to me if you are saying that the System Restore window is also blank, or that using System Restore to roll back your system does not solve the problem with Norton having a blank window.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Windows VBScript Utilities » www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips » www.billsway.com/notes_public/

Hi Bill James. Thank you for your advice. However, even though the norton antivirus is working, but it still cannot display the settings and status when I open it. I tried to use the system restore to fix it, but when I ran the system restore, it also came up as a blank window, so I couldn't use it either.

Ask a Question