Before you post

  • Start date Start date

Peter

The answer usually can be found by entering the appropriate keywords in a
Google search.
No offense meant to anyone, but so many posts in these groups have been
answered so many times.

If they don't read the other posts, why do you expect them to read this one?
;-)

Tom
"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
| The answer usually can be found by entering the appropriate keywords in a
| Google search.
| No offense meant to anyone, but so many posts in these groups have been
| answered so many times.
|
| --
| Peter.
| Toronto, Canada.
| XP Home SP2.
| P4 Dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HD, 1.0gb DDR.

BAD netiquette to cross-post to so many places. SET YOUR F'UPS!
Don't complain about others when you are obviously so far in
violation yourself. No offense meant, but this is OT also, IMO.

Unfortunately, a pretty common occurrence where you get a lot of
newbies and neophytes like you do with a group like this one.
It's to be expected and generally understanding is in order; many
of them haven't yet discovered how to search a group, use
archives, etc etc etc.. They come, they see, get their answer
(or not), and they're gone.
Personally, I think adding a short comment about how to look
something up would go a long ways for most of the folk who don't
realize the questions' aleady been answered a dozen times. After
all, ones own problem is more important than anyone elses, right?
<g>

Pop

Peter said:
The answer usually can be found by entering the appropriate keywords in a
Google search.

This isn't Usenet - you're never gonna be able to manage that. 8-) Just
like you'll never be able to stop being top-posting on here either.
No offense meant to anyone, but so many posts in these groups have been
answered so many times.

Yes, but think of all the ways to access the groups, it's got a web
interface on Microsoft's site, several other's carry it too, do most of the
posters here even know Google achieve newsgroups, do a lot of them know this
is a newsgroup and not just a web forum.

Sorry for the X-post...

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

The answer usually can be found by entering the appropriate keywords
in a Google search.
No offense meant to anyone, but so many posts in these groups have
been answered so many times.

Well, I thought I'd looked everywhere and tried everything before I
poste here, but then I'm not an expert, which is why I posted here, and
I'd looked up Google, and tried the answer

or..........

Run regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER|Software|Microsoft|Internet Explorer|Main

and insure that Save_Session_History_On_Exit is marked YES and not NO.
(I
just checked mine, and it is set to NO by default).

Also try slipping down to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER|Software|Microsoft|Internet Explorer|TypedURLs

or.............

It could be that they History folder has become damaged or corrupted,
try
deleting the folder, then reboot and a new one will be created.

If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this
thread
with the details and any error messages.

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other
readers.

If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this
thread
with the details and any error messages.

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other
readers.
That went before I was ready; must be you upset me!

I wished to draw your attention to the above

mike

Back
Top