BackupSeek and ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE

  • Start date Start date

Steven Evilia

I've been getting ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE doing a BackupSeek() when the same
handle has just been used to do a BackupRead() so I know the handle is
valid. While searching the web I saw a code sample where
ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE is checked after doing a BackupSeek(). The comment said
checking for end of file. So does BackupSeek() returns ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
for end of file or is there something else going on? Thanks in advance.

- Steve

What service pack are you running and are you backing up across the network
or local computer.
Joe Griffin [MS]

From: "Steven Evilia" <[email protected]>
Subject: BackupSeek and ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:00:13 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

I've been getting ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE doing a BackupSeek() when the same
handle has just been used to do a BackupRead() so I know the handle is
valid. While searching the web I saw a code sample where
ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE is checked after doing a BackupSeek(). The comment said
checking for end of file. So does BackupSeek() returns ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
for end of file or is there something else going on? Thanks in advance.

- Steve

Hello Steven,
I have looked into this further since it is local to the machine and it
appears that you are writing code and may not be using the correct API's.
This forum is not for developer support. Try another forum such as
development for an answer to this issue.
Thank you.
Joe Griffin [MS]

From: "Steven Evilia" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: BackupSeek and ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:41:03 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

I'm running Win2K SP 3 and I am backing up on the local computer.

Back
Top