Backup Utility

  • Start date Start date

I am running XP Home Edition, SP2 on a PC with pre-installed software (hence
I have no CD with XP on it). How can I get the "Backup Utility" from
Microsoft for use on my PC ? I have a second PC, networked with my PC, which
I would like to use to archive Backup's. I recently lost everything when my
Hard Disk went faulty, and I am trying to avoid a recurrence. Thanks in
advance for anyone's help !!

Hi

Depending on what kind of XP CD you have, you may find the XP Backup program
in the valueadd\msft\ntbackup folder.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"John Finucane, Geordieland" <John Finucane,
news:[email protected]...

Thanks Will for the info., but as I said initially I do not have an XP CD.
This is because my PC came with the software pre-installed, and if anything
should corrupt the operating system I use a "recovery floppy disk" to
reinstate my system.

Hi

The backup utility can be copied from either a Home or Pro CD - so if you
know someone who has one...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

Thanks to Will and Nepatsfan. I now have the "Backup Utility" running on my
PC and it is working fine.

Back
Top