Background colors are not displayed

  • Start date Start date

jwstandiford

when using ix6 my web pages are not showing the specified
background colors, and sometimes the correct fonts. I have
tried to change the colors and text in the internet options
but nothing seems to change unless I ovveride the colors
and fonts to something that I specify. If I use Netscape
the web pages are diplayed fine, but I would much rather
use ix6 as my browser. This is very annoying because I
have a page for my part time photography bussiness and I
cant even see how my own page is accualy being diplayed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jason
PS. I did install SP2 and nothing changed.

Hi,
Take a look at Internet Options> Accessibility. Generally, you would want to
have none of those options checked.

Hope this helps,
Don

I have the same problem with background and font colors. None of my
accessability boxes are checked.
I also have weird jumbo font sizes at random places. All since I loaded XP
SP2.

None of the boxes in Acceddibility are checked. My Options>Colors are set as
windows colors, Options>Fonts are set as Latin base, and Oprions> Language is
set as English. I am also having the text size issue that BigHammer
mentioned, but only on the Microsoft sites.
Jason

At IE> View> Text size? I changed to "smallest" and now am able to read
Microsoft pages on the screen at fairly normal size. It does nothing for the
problem of not displaying background colors or background gifs/jpegs.

BigHammer

Thanks R.A.
I think I may have run across that solution at some point. It didn't come to
mind when I needed it ;-)

Don

Robert Aldwinckle said:
Poster Pattyence recently discovered that a related effect
can occur when the Accessibility Control Panel app's Display tab
has Use High Contrast checked. Also note that there may be
a keyboard shortcut (default LShift+LAlt+PrintScrn) which could
be used to enable that feature inadvertently.

<
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...ssibility+CSS+group%3Amicrosoft.*.ie6.browser >
FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate
"jwstandiford" <tightline[at]cutthroatphoto.com> wrote in message
when using ix6 my web pages are not showing the specified
background colors, and sometimes the correct fonts. I have
tried to change the colors and text in the internet options
but nothing seems to change unless I ovveride the colors
and fonts to something that I specify. If I use Netscape
the web pages are diplayed fine, but I would much rather
use ix6 as my browser. This is very annoying because I
have a page for my part time photography bussiness and I
cant even see how my own page is accualy being diplayed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jason
PS. I did install SP2 and nothing changed.

Thanks RA, the link to the old post fixed my all my problems. I appreciate
the help, and now all is happy. Thanks again for everyones' help.
Jason

I forgot to add that I also had to search for the file access.cpl in order to
find and uncheck the high contrast box, that was the key. Thanks again!!
Jason

jwstandiford said:
*when using ix6 my web pages are not showing the specified
background colors, and sometimes the correct fonts. I have
tried to change the colors and text in the internet options
but nothing seems to change unless I ovveride the colors
and fonts to something that I specify. If I use Netscape
the web pages are diplayed fine, but I would much rather
use ix6 as my browser. This is very annoying because I
have a page for my part time photography bussiness and I
cant even see how my own page is accualy being diplayed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jason
PS. I did install SP2 and nothing changed. * :

| Attachment filename: backgroundcolorssoln.txt
|Download attachment: http://www.mcse.ms/attachment.php?postid=5616987

-
dar

I had the same problem. What worked for me was unchecking the
USE HIGH CONTRAST checkbox in the ACCESSIBILTY OPTIONS
dialog window.

Go to CONTROL PANEL / ACCESSIBITY OPTIONS, then select
the DISPLAY tab. Uncheck the USE HIGH CONTRAST checkbox.
All background colors and font stability should return immediately.
If not, reboot and try again.

While you're at it, disable the shortcut to high contrast to avoid
accidentally invoking it again.

I guess you were replying to my post,. Anyway I want to thank you very much.
Your advice was a savior. I thought I had made a major mistake while editing
the registry.

You just saved me from doing a fresh install of Windows. Probably 3 or 4
hours of work

Have a beer on me.

Thanks,

Mugsy