AVG-update question

bloned

Hi all,

I've got a question (might be a stupid one) about AVG free edition.
Lately the update-site is really slow, well no problem, I can still
get the updates manually. But what if I miss one ? So if I got update
394 and 396, but missed update 395 (due to whatever reason), will my
AVG still be up-to-date, or am I missing some of the virus definitions
?

thanks in advance

bambam

(e-mail address removed) (bloned) wrote in
Hi all,

I've got a question (might be a stupid one) about AVG free
edition. Lately the update-site is really slow, well no problem, I
can still get the updates manually. But what if I miss one ? So if
I got update 394 and 396, but missed update 395 (due to whatever
reason), will my AVG still be up-to-date, or am I missing some of
the virus definitions ?

You will still be up to date, don't worry. :)

Here is a repost of a message from a few days ago that should help
with your updates-

<paste>

As the Free version update server seems to be inundated at the moment
with the number of updates being released it would be useful to use
other servers at Grisoft, but only 1 server is given for updating in
the free Version.
Avid users of AVG might be interested in this :-

Substitute the following into the url.ini file found in the AVG
folder:-

[SERVER_NAME]
1=free.grisoft.cz
2=ftp.grisoft.com
3=www.grisoft.com

[SERVER_URL]
1=http://free.grisoft.cz/softw/60/fe
2=ftp.grisoft.com/pub/softw/60/fe/
3=http://www.grisoft.com/softw/60/fe/
Actual URL=3

Then shutdown and restart AVG. You will now have 3 servers to choose
from.

<paste>

Hope this helps.

Rob

bambam said:
[...]

Works great!! Thanks for the info.

Rob

bloned

Thanks for your response Bambam, I/m feeling slightly saver now, and
the editing of the url.ini works like a charm.

Thanks again

grtz