Automatic Update problems with 811493

  • Start date Start date

Salm

Everyday when I turn on my computerfor the past week, I
get the automatic update icon indicating that I need to
install update #811493. I install it, the update icon
goes away, and the next day, it starts all over again.

Runninng win2k professional with SP3.

Anyone seen this before?
Solutions??
Thanks in advance.

--------------------
From: "Salm" <[email protected]>
Subject: Automatic Update problems with 811493
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 06:56:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

--

The package on the update servers is suppose to be replaced next Tuesday with a new package that contains modified
detection code to prevent this from happening.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

I am experiencing the same problem but when I had
installed it, my system had started having some problems.
I have Roxio GoBack and restored the system to its
previous condition. Now I get the prompt every time I
boot up.

I just decided to check the newsgroup to see if there were
others who are experiencing the same problem and if there
were any solutions to the problem. Unfortunately, there
seems to be many who are having the same problem. Let me
know if you get any -good- answers. There seem to be some
solutions in the posting but no one seems to be happy with
it

Good Luck!

Back
Top