AutoLogon with DELAY??? Possible?

  • Start date Start date

kenny

I know the tweak ui powertoy lets you autolog on...

but is there a way to make a delay for say 2 mins before you autologon? I
want some services to launch and be stable BEFORE I enter the desktop.

Any script or application that can do this???

THANKS

Please drop the Outlook newsgroup when replying as it is totally off-topic
for us.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
I know the tweak ui powertoy lets you autolog on...

but is there a way to make a delay for say 2 mins before you autologon? I
want some services to launch and be stable BEFORE I enter the desktop.

Any script or application that can do this???

THANKS

You dont need tweakui to autologon, see Accounts in Control Panel

kenny said:
sorry, my mistake...

Peace

Roady said:
Please drop the Outlook newsgroup when replying as it is totally
off-topic
for us.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within
Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
I know the tweak ui powertoy lets you autolog on...

but is there a way to make a delay for say 2 mins before you autologon? I
want some services to launch and be stable BEFORE I enter the desktop.

Any script or application that can do this???

THANKS

Can you post a screenshot of that as proof of your claim? Because it seems
that you are using a imaginary version of windows.

DL said:
You dont need tweakui to autologon, see Accounts in Control Panel

kenny said:
sorry, my mistake...

Peace

Roady said:
Please drop the Outlook newsgroup when replying as it is totally
off-topic
for us.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within
Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
I know the tweak ui powertoy lets you autolog on...

but is there a way to make a delay for say 2 mins before you autologon?
want some services to launch and be stable BEFORE I enter the desktop.

Any script or application that can do this???

THANKS

1)
MS KB
Article ID : 315231
Last Review : June 23, 2005
Revision : 4.2

or

2)
Accounts, use welome screen

DL said:
You dont need tweakui to autologon, see Accounts in Control Panel

kenny said:
sorry, my mistake...

Peace

in message Please drop the Outlook newsgroup when replying as it is totally
off-topic
for us.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within
Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
I know the tweak ui powertoy lets you autolog on...

but is there a way to make a delay for say 2 mins before you autologon?
want some services to launch and be stable BEFORE I enter the desktop.

Any script or application that can do this???

THANKS

I am aware of this REG EDIT, as well as the way to add userpasswords2 in the
control panel.

You probably had userpasswords2 reg edit, and thought everyone had that.
However this is not the way XP ships.

Furthermore it does not give me a solution to what I need.

DL said:
1)
MS KB
Article ID : 315231
Last Review : June 23, 2005
Revision : 4.2

or

2)
Accounts, use welome screen

DL said:
You dont need tweakui to autologon, see Accounts in Control Panel

sorry, my mistake...

Peace

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote in message Please drop the Outlook newsgroup when replying as it is totally
off-topic
for us.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within
Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
I know the tweak ui powertoy lets you autolog on...

but is there a way to make a delay for say 2 mins before you
autologon? I
want some services to launch and be stable BEFORE I enter the desktop.

Any script or application that can do this???

THANKS

1) Are you sure these services are started prior to log on?
(I'm assuming here that you use the std log on, ie enter password)
and not being started as the desktop loads?

2) Is there a reason for not starting, whatever, from a batch file 'after'
you are at the desktop.

kenny said:
I am aware of this REG EDIT, as well as the way to add userpasswords2 in
the control panel.

You probably had userpasswords2 reg edit, and thought everyone had that.
However this is not the way XP ships.

Furthermore it does not give me a solution to what I need.

DL said:
1)
MS KB
Article ID : 315231
Last Review : June 23, 2005
Revision : 4.2

or

2)
Accounts, use welome screen

kenny said:
[...]

Yes I am using ADSL autoconnect that makes a sound when connecting to the
internet. This is the service I am interested in.
When I leave it on the logon screen for a minuite or 2 I hear the sound,
meaning that the connection has engaged.
What I need is a way to autologon after that service starts, in otherwords a
delayed autologon.

2)> 2) Is there a reason for not starting, whatever, from a batch file
'after'
you are at the desktop.

Yes I need the internet to be connected before I logon for some reasons.
There is a way to do this using a router that keeps the connection always
on.
But this is not an option for me, since I need to be directly connected to
the internet and not though a router
(for technical reasons that are too complex to explain here)

kenny said:
I am aware of this REG EDIT, as well as the way to add userpasswords2 in
the control panel.

You probably had userpasswords2 reg edit, and thought everyone had that.
However this is not the way XP ships.

Furthermore it does not give me a solution to what I need.

DL said:
1)
MS KB
Article ID : 315231
Last Review : June 23, 2005
Revision : 4.2

or

2)
Accounts, use welome screen

kenny said:
Yes I am using ADSL autoconnect that makes a sound when connecting
to the internet. This is the service I am interested in.
When I leave it on the logon screen for a minuite or 2 I hear the
sound, meaning that the connection has engaged.
What I need is a way to autologon after that service starts, in
otherwords a delayed autologon.

Why not leave your DSL connection operational at all times? There's no
reason not to keep the connection open as long as the machine is running.

Back
Top