Autocomplete ??

Henry Kolesnik

I have WinXP SP2 IE6, autocomplete works on addresses but not forms. I
don't know what made it stop but I miss the feature on Google and eBay
search. Any tips appreciated. What did I do to lose it, or was it caused
by a virus or an inadequacy of XP? I just got View Source for Web site
source viewing fixed using CCleaner, but autocomplete didn't work before or
after.

Henry Kolesnik

Yes IE Tools>Internet>Options>Content>AutoComplete>Forms is checked and so
is Tools> Internet Options> AdvancedVUse inline AutoComplete..
Rebooted and still no cigar.
More tips?
tnx

Don Varnau

Hi,
Have you tried turning AutoComplete off, restarting, turning it back on?

Next, you may have a damaged registry key.
Try this:
With no programs open,
Run REGEDIT and make your way to this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft Internet Explorer
IntelliForms
SPW
Create a System Restore point or export that key (Registry> Export- just in
case you wish to undo the change) then delete it- just the SPW key.
Restart the computer.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MVP- IE/OE]

Henry Kolesnik

What would happen if I just tried to reload XP?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Henry Kolesnik said:
I have WinXP SP2 IE6, autocomplete works on addresses but not forms. I
don't know what made it stop but I miss the feature on Google and eBay
search. Any tips appreciated. What did I do to lose it, or was it
caused
by a virus or an inadequacy of XP? I just got View Source for Web site
source viewing fixed using CCleaner, but autocomplete didn't work before or
after.

73
Hank WD5JFR

Don Varnau

Hi,
A reinstall of XP "should" fix this. Did you try Frank's suggestion to clear
Autocomplete- Forms? Or my registry edit?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Henry Kolesnik

Don
I tried turning AC off and reboot but no cigar.
Then I set a restore point and went thru you REGEDIT....
At SPW I found the following 5 entries:
Name Type Data
Default REG_SZ (value not set)
various charcters REG_WORD 0x00000000(0)
The rest have a bunch of characters with Type and Date the same as the
sceond line..

I wan't clear on what to do next..
Can you be more specific on what I do once I'm down to the SPW level?
I think I'd rather try this before reloading XP.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

"Henry Kolesnik" <kolesnik[at]sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
I have WinXP SP2 IE6, autocomplete works on addresses but not forms.
don't know what made it stop but I miss the feature on Google and eBay
search. Any tips appreciated. What did I do to lose it, or was it
caused
by a virus or an inadequacy of XP? I just got View Source for Web
site
source viewing fixed using CCleaner, but autocomplete didn't work before
or
after.

73
Hank WD5JFR

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

Henry Kolesnik said:
Don
I tried turning AC off and reboot but no cigar.
Then I set a restore point and went thru you REGEDIT....
At SPW I found the following 5 entries:
Name Type Data
various charcters REG_WORD 0x00000000(0)
The rest have a bunch of characters with Type and Date the same as the
sceond line..

I wan't clear on what to do next..
Can you be more specific on what I do once I'm down to the SPW level?
I think I'd rather try this before reloading XP.
tnx

73
Hank WD5JFR

Right click SPW and select Export, then right click it again and select
Delete.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Henry Kolesnik

I did the REGEDT32 as detailed on the Microsoft site and Autocomplete now
works and Outlook Express remembers my password. Thanks for the help.