AutoComplete works on some pages;not on others

  • Start date Start date

Frager

I am using Windows XP Home and a Broadband DSL modem.

I send text messages to mobile phones from my PC.

Three members of the family do this.

When we click in the Logon box the three registered numbers appear and we
select the one we want.

When I navigate to the "type a message box" (two pages later) and start
typing in a previously used recipient's number, it is not AutoCompleted.
This did work some months ago, but not now.

I got in touch with my mobile phone company and they say it is a Windows
issue.

Everything works properly from my laptop.

I have tried Microsoft Article 885180 without success.

Thanks

Frager

Hi,
See if there's any additional information at
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ProtectedStorage.htm

Next, I would try this:
Internet Options> Content> Autocomplete... click the Clear Forms button and
uncheck Forms (Use AutoComplete for..)
Restart the computer.
Autocomplete> Check Forms (Use AutoComplete for..)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thanks Don for your help.

I tried what you suggested but without success.
Under 'Source' I could not find any reference to AutoComplete either on the
page where it worked or on the page where it did not work.

It annoys me when I cannot find out why a feature does not work.

I will just forget about it and continue typing in the full mobile phone
numbers.

Thanks.

Frager

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
See if there's any additional information at
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ProtectedStorage.htm

Don,

I'm surprised there is no mention of this tool there

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

Notice that it is now more general purpose than its name implies:

<quote>
Starting from version 1.60, this utility reveals all AutoComplete strings stored
in Internet Explorer, not only the AutoComplete password, as in the previous
versions.
</quote>

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Robert Aldwinckle said:
Don,

I'm surprised there is no mention of this tool there

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

Notice that it is now more general purpose than its name implies:

<quote>
Starting from version 1.60, this utility reveals all AutoComplete strings
stored
in Internet Explorer, not only the AutoComplete password, as in the
previous
versions.
</quote>

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

It works too! I have all of, and use many of, the NirSoft utilities. :-)

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows IE/OE [DTS/AumHa]

Back
Top