Autocomplete won't work on one website

  • Start date Start date

buckle

I cleared a username and password on one site. Now when I enter a new name
and pw I don't get prompted to save the info. It works fine on other secure
sites. Nothing in the source (view / source) with "auto" in it. Tried all
the suggestions - no luck.

Note: Works with Firefox!

Hi,
Try this from Robert Aldwinckle:

This *sometimes* works. Delete the Cookie associated with that page.
Then using AutoComplete for that userid delete that userid.
You will get a message to the effect that you would be deleting a userid
and password combination. This is good. Allow that. Now re-enter
your userid and password. Sign on. At this point you will again be given
the choice to save the password. One further wrinkle in this scenario
which I have seen is that the next time you try to use the "saved" password
you may not see any asterisks. Ignore that and pretend that you do see
the asterisks and assume that the password will be presented properly.
Try to logon. I'm not sure if eventually you do see the asterisks or not.

Or this (from me)
Clearing all passwords should reset the "Save Password" option. IE> Tools>
Options> Content> Autocomplete> Clear Passwords.

Protected Storage PassView from http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pspv.html will
help you recover other cached passwords *before* you clear all passwords.

Don
[MVP IE/OE}

Hi Don,

Thanks - tried both Robert's and you solutions, but still no luck.

Again it's only one site that's not working. Is there any way that the site
can control this option? Like I was saying it's a secure site. Never get
prompted to save the user name and password.

Thanks

buckle said:
I cleared a username and password on one site. Now when I enter a new
name
and pw I don't get prompted to save the info. It works fine on other secure
sites. Nothing in the source (view / source) with "auto" in it. Tried all
the suggestions - no luck.

Note: Works with Firefox!

Hi,
Yes, the HTML code of a web page can disallow password caching. I didn't
think that was the case since Firefox will save the login information. Banks
and other secure sites sometimes do this.

Did you delete any/all cookies from that site?

Clearing all passwords was my secret weapon. ;-) I don't know what else to
try.

Don

Hi,

Yes - deleted all cookies. Also cleared passwords. Correct, it works fine
with Firefox.

I've tried this on 2 different machines and get the same results, so it must
be a bug with IE. The funny thing is that it worked before I deleted the
username and password. Nothing will bring the prompt back. I'll check with
the site operator and see if they can give us a clue.

Thanks for trying.

--
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"buckle" <buckleca[at]yahoo.com> wrote in message
I cleared a username and password on one site. Now when I enter a new
name
and pw I don't get prompted to save the info. It works fine on other
secure
sites. Nothing in the source (view / source) with "auto" in it. Tried all
the suggestions - no luck.

Note: Works with Firefox!

Does that ever worked for you? I am haveing the same problem.

buckle said:
[...]

Back
Top