Auto Refreshing is a PAIN!

  • Start date Start date

Hello,
I'm using XP Home, IE 6 with all the latest service packs on a DSL
connection with a relatively new PC. IE 6 is automatically refreshing which
presents a problem. Say I'm using MSN Mail and typing an email. Right in
the middle of typing the email message the browser refreshes erasing all I've
typed.

Any advice? This is such a PAIN!

1) Please tell your settings; I guess you have as about everyone
(me included) the following settings:

IE \Tools \Internet Options \General
\Temporary Internet files \Settings
\Check for newer versions of stored pages:

* Never

2) Please report the exact URL where this happens; polite and
well handled sites don't violate your property or your
settings.

3) I agree that the main fault comes from MS IE:
- if user wants the page to refresh automatically, he has
chosen "* Automatically" in the settings above;
- if user has chosen "* Never", then it is a major fault
from Microsoft to let the browser accept violating orders
from a visited site.

Paris, Fri 11 Mar 2005 09:41:45 +0100