audio & photos

  • Start date Start date

suja

if i record audio tracks with photos on cdr using MM will
i be able to listen to the cd on my domestic cd player

No. CDs created with WMM2 can not be played on any stand-alone devices
currently available to consumers. See http://papajohn.org for futher
details.

Taking "Windows Movie Maker 2" out of the picture opens up several more
options; especially since you seem interested in photos/music and not video:
VCD, HighMAT, multi-session CD, etc. It all depends on exactly what you're
trying to accomplish. Again, you may find some help from
http://papajohn.org, but it sounds like you might be looking for some more
advanced CD writing features offered by products like Nero6.

Note that stand-alone CD players are generally very "underpowered" compared
to a DVD player and as a result can be much pickier about what they will
playback; some don't even like CDA-discs on CD-R media.

Dan

Mr Smith,

Your message is off-topic, please refrain from posting off-topic messages
in this newsgroup.

--
Best Wishes.........John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

From: "J. Daniel Smith" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VCD Menu Effects
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:14:14 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

This newsgroup is for Windows MovieMaker, which doesn't create VCDs (or DVDs
for that matter).

Dan

Suja,

If you are interested in music and photos only, you might want to take a
look at http://www.highmat.com
You'll be able to download the HighMAT Extension for CD writing
(http://www.highmat.com/download/), After installing, you can create HighMAT
Audio/Image discs just by burning songs and photos in the CD burn wizard in
Windows XP.

Many players from Panasonic, Apex and others already support these type of
HighMAT discs.

Movie Maker 2 creates video HighMAT discs - DVD players which support video
HighMAT discs will be available soon.

-Gareth

Back
Top