attachments

windows mail attachments

I can open an attachment, but when I try to open an attachment in a separate
email (after closing the first) windows mail completely shuts down. I have
to reopen windows mail to open another attachment of any kind.

Albert van Niekerk

I have the same problem.
Can open one attachment without problems, but if I want to open a second
attachment to the same or different e-mail I get the message: "Windows mail
has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" and
then "Windows mail is restarting".
Windows mail then shuts down and restart.
Can anybody help?

"windows mail attachments" <windows mail
news:[email protected]...

Albert van Niekerk

Thanks, Gary
You are right about Norton antivirus.
I will try your recommendations.

Juli B

Gary VanderMolen said:
Let me guess, you are running Norton antivirus.
That is a known issue caused by a recent update to Norton antivirus.
There may be a newer update that corrects the problem, so
first try updating Norton. If no joy, uninstall and follow up with their
debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

If you like, we can recommend a more compatible free antivirus.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

I'M NOT RUNNING NORTON'S AND I CAN NOT OPEN UP A SINGLE ATTACHMENT!IT'S VERY DISTURBING. SO, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THIS?

Dave

Windows Mail won't ever be "fixed", because it's been replaced with Windows
Live Mail.

Gary VanderMolen

This is a peer-to-peer help group. Microsoft does not monitor this forum.
If you would like some help, post a verbatim copy of your error message.
Have you tried saving the attachment, and then opening the saved document
outside of Windows Mail?