ASPX pages

  • Start date Start date

Fabrizio Maltese

Hi,
I created a project with a page in aspx. How can I put
the page in my WebSite, that is not on my server?
Do i need a setup project that goes on the Web Server?
Thank you,
Fabrizio

You can put it manually or you can make a web setup project.

1. To put it manually:
- you must create a virtual directory for the application and make it an
application.
- you must copy the aspx, ascx files, the css if you defined files, and the
web.config file. Also you must copy the bin directory and any additional
files that your application use (database, images)
-it is not necessary to copy source files (.cs or .vb) and resources (.resx)
since they are compiled or embedded into dll.

2. To create a deployment project.
- You must ensure that all your files that you want to deploy are included
in application and marked as content.
- you must create a web setup project and add to it the project output (that
means the dll) and the project content(content files).

Hope this helps
Dan Cimpoiesu

Can I also put manually the pages on the web directly?
I have a domain and the space is on my provider's machine
(it supports ASP.NET)

Thank you

Yes you can put the files , but you must create an application on the
application virtual directory, and this thing is usually made by the server
administrator.

Regards
Dan Cimpoiesu

What do you mean for "create an application"?
.

Hi Fabrizio,

You should be able to copy the pages directly to your web hosting, just
copy it as Dan suggested.

Note:
for a test you could simply copy your entire directory see if it works then
remove the source files ( .cs / .vb ) and resources ( .resx )

Cheers,

Hi Fabrizio,

Web Application is consist of by a virtual directory and the files in its
sub directories.

The Server.MapPath(virutalpath) maps the virtualpath into a physical path.
It will be the absolute physical path of your virtual directory in your
disk.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Fabrizio" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Fabrizio" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: ASPX pages
| Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:51:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Thank you,
| but I didn't understand what it means to create an
| application on the Hosting server.
| Once i brought the files on the Hosting Server folder,
| what it will be the SErver.MapPAth?
| Thank you,
| Fabrizio

Back