Array of obj

  • Start date Start date

Carl

Hi, I want to pass an array of object of different type
to a function and use it in the function.

I am not able to have it working.

Function that create the array...

public virtual DataSet GetFacturesClientListeDS(string
client)
{
Object[] parametre = new object[4]
{"client",OleDbType.Char,60,client};

string select = "SELECT distinct
details.d_nfacture,project.p_name FROM project,details
where project.p_client = ? and project.p_refno =
details.d_refno and !empty(details.d_nfacture) ORDER BY
d_nfacture";

DataSet myDS = SqlGenericDataSet
(select,"client","SQLPME","AUCUNE",parametre);
return myDS;
}

Function to use the array,

public DataSet SqlGenericDataSet(string sqlquery,string
tablename,string ConfigConnectionKey, string fonction,
Object[] aParameter)
{
SqlConnection GenericConnection = new
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection
(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings[ConfigConnectionKey]);
SqlCommand GenericCommand = new
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(sqlquery,
GenericConnection);

for (int a = 1;a<=aParameter.GetLength(0);a++)
{
GenericCommand.Parameters.Add((string)aParameter.GetValue
(a,0),(SqlDbType)aParameter.GetValue(a,1),(int)
aParameter.GetValue(a,2));

GenericCommand.Parameters[(string)aParameter.GetValue
(a,0)].Value = (string)aParameter.GetValue(a,3);
}

Any idea's??

Carl

Hi Carl,

Where is the problem that the code does not work?
What is your code snippet's function?
However, I found that your aParameter shoud be 2-dimension array.
And your GenericConnection should be opened after construct.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Carl" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Carl" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Array of obj
| Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:23:53 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Hi, I want to pass an array of object of different type
| to a function and use it in the function.
|
| I am not able to have it working.
|
| Function that create the array...
|
| public virtual DataSet GetFacturesClientListeDS(string
| client)
| {
| Object[] parametre = new object[4]
| {"client",OleDbType.Char,60,client};
|
| string select = "SELECT distinct
| details.d_nfacture,project.p_name FROM project,details
| where project.p_client = ? and project.p_refno =
| details.d_refno and !empty(details.d_nfacture) ORDER BY
| d_nfacture";
|
| DataSet myDS = SqlGenericDataSet
| (select,"client","SQLPME","AUCUNE",parametre);
| return myDS;
| }
|
| Function to use the array,
|
| public DataSet SqlGenericDataSet(string sqlquery,string
| tablename,string ConfigConnectionKey, string fonction,
| Object[] aParameter)
| {
| SqlConnection GenericConnection = new
| System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection
| (ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings[ConfigConnectionKey]);
| SqlCommand GenericCommand = new
| System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand(sqlquery,
| GenericConnection);
|
| for (int a = 1;a<=aParameter.GetLength(0);a++)
| {
| GenericCommand.Parameters.Add((string)aParameter.GetValue
| (a,0),(SqlDbType)aParameter.GetValue(a,1),(int)
| aParameter.GetValue(a,2));
|
| GenericCommand.Parameters[(string)aParameter.GetValue
| (a,0)].Value = (string)aParameter.GetValue(a,3);
| }
|

| Any idea's??
|
| Carl

My trouble is with the array ,how do you iterate trough
it, my syntax is probably not ok.

The line giving me the error in the previous post is

GenericCommand.Parameters.Add((string)aParameter.GetValue
(a,0),(SqlDbType)aParameter.GetValue(a,1),(int)
aParameter.GetValue(a,2));

This is the message I receive,

An unhandled exception of
type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
occurred in system.web.services.dll

Additional information:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException:
Array was not a two-dimensional array.
at System.Array.GetValue(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
at WS_PME.DB.SqlGenericDataSet(String sqlquery, String
tablename, String ConfigConnectionKey, String fonction,
Object[] aParameter) in f:\structure\projets\vs2003
\pme\ws_pme\components\db_dataset.cs:line 92
at WS_PME.DB.GetFacturesClientListeDS(String client)
in f:\structure\projets\vs2003
\pme\ws_pme\components\db_dataset.cs:line 125
at WS_PME.WSPME.FacturesClientListeDS(String client)
in f:\structure\projets\vs2003
\pme\ws_pme\pme.asmx.cs:line 63

.

Simplify story.

I want to have one obj array of 4 columns to pass my
parameters for SQL when required, could have multiple
rows or just one.

Columns 1 = string
Columns 2 = OleDbType.Char
Columns 3 = int
Columns 4 = string

Here is my declaration, client is a string variable.

Object[,,,] parametre = new object[4]
{"client",OleDbType.Char,60,client};

Here is the errors when compiling,

F:\Structure\Projets\VS2003
\PME\WS_PME\Components\DB_dataset.cs(122): Cannot
implicitly convert type 'object[]' to 'object[*,*,*,*]'

Now if this was working, on another function I want to
use does value inside the array. How do you access them,
I try a lot of ways but nothing is working so far.

Here is how I try to access it the last time,

public DataSet SqlGenericDataSet(string sqlquery,string
tablename,string ConfigConnectionKey, string fonction,
Object[,,,] aParameter)

for (int a = 0;a<=aParameter.GetLength(0);a++)
{

}

Seam simple to do, but....

Carl,

Hi Carl,

As you can see in the error message, the object array should be 2 dimension.
I changed your code like this:
public virtual DataSet GetFacturesClientListeDS(string job_id)
{
Object[,] parametre = new object[,]
{{"job_id",OleDbType.SmallInt,60,job_id}}; //use 2-dimension array
string select = "SELECT * from jobs";
}

public DataSet SqlGenericDataSet(string sqlquery,string tablename,string
ConfigConnectionKey, string fonction, Object[,] aParameter)
{
try
{
SqlConnection GenericConnection = new
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("server=localhost;database=pubs;uid=sa;p
wd=");
GenericConnection.Open(); //open the connection

{

GenericCommand.Parameters.Add((string)aParameter.GetValue(a,0),(SqlDbType)aP
arameter.GetValue(a,1),(int)aParameter.GetValue(a,2));
GenericCommand.Parameters[(string)aParameter.GetValue(a,0)].Value =
(string)aParameter.GetValue(a,3);
}
}
catch(Exception e)
{
Console.WriteLine (e.Message );
}
return new DataSet ();
}

I use my default sql server database on my machine and i only create a row
of object array.

I make some small changes to your code:
1. object array changed to 2 dimension
2. add open method to GenericConnection
3.in the for loop, change a<=aParameter.GetLength(0) to
a<aParameter.GetLength(0)

It works well on my machine.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Carl" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Carl" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Array of obj
| Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:47:11 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Simplify story.
|
| I want to have one obj array of 4 columns to pass my
| parameters for SQL when required, could have multiple
| rows or just one.
|
| Columns 1 = string
| Columns 2 = OleDbType.Char
| Columns 3 = int
| Columns 4 = string
|
| Here is my declaration, client is a string variable.
|
| Object[,,,] parametre = new object[4]
| {"client",OleDbType.Char,60,client};
|
| Here is the errors when compiling,
|
| F:\Structure\Projets\VS2003
| \PME\WS_PME\Components\DB_dataset.cs(122): Cannot
| implicitly convert type 'object[]' to 'object[*,*,*,*]'
|
| Now if this was working, on another function I want to
| use does value inside the array. How do you access them,
| I try a lot of ways but nothing is working so far.
|
| Here is how I try to access it the last time,
|
| public DataSet SqlGenericDataSet(string sqlquery,string
| tablename,string ConfigConnectionKey, string fonction,
| Object[,,,] aParameter)
|
| for (int a = 0;a<=aParameter.GetLength(0);a++)
| {
| GenericCommand.Parameters.Add((string)aParameter.GetValue
| (a,0),(SqlDbType)aParameter.GetValue(a,1),(int)
| aParameter.GetValue(a,2));
|
| GenericCommand.Parameters[(string)aParameter.GetValue
| (a,0)].Value = (string)aParameter.GetValue(a,3);
| }
|
| Seam simple to do, but....
|
| Carl,

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the answers I get a little further, I also
notice another mistake from my part, the OleDbType should
also be SqlDbType for SQL.

Right now I do have the following errors reported,

-------------------------------
An unhandled exception of
type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
occurred in system.web.services.dll

Additional information:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
unable to process request. --->
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect
syntax near 'client'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader
(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior,
Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader
(CommandBehavior behavior)
at
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.Ex
ecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand
(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet
dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet
dataSet, String srcTable)
at WS_PME.DB.SqlGenericDataSet(String sqlquery, String
tablename, String ConfigConnectionKey, String fonction,
Object[,] aParameter) in f:\structure\projets\vs2003
\pme\ws_pme\components\db_dataset.cs:line 101
at WS_PME.DB.GetFacturesClientListeDS(String clientID)
in f:\structure\projets\vs2003
\pme\ws_pme\components\db_dataset.cs:line 125
at WS_PME.WSPME.FacturesClientListeDS(String client)
in f:\structure\projets\vs2003
\pme\ws_pme\pme.asmx.cs:line 63
------------------------------------

From the function SqlGenericDataSet, in line
GenericDA.Fill(GenericDS, tablename);
-------------------------------------

public DataSet SqlGenericDataSet(string sqlquery,string
tablename,string ConfigConnectionKey, string fonction,
Object[,] aParameter)
{
SqlConnection GenericConnection = new
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection
(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings[ConfigConnectionKey]);
GenericConnection.Open();

}

GenericCommand.CommandTimeout = 30;
SqlDataAdapter GenericDA = new SqlDataAdapter();
GenericDA.SelectCommand = GenericCommand;
DataSet GenericDS = new DataSet();
GenericDA.Fill(GenericDS, tablename);
GenericConnection.Close();
return GenericDS;
}

Here is the function calling SqlGenericDataSet.
public virtual DataSet GetFacturesClientListeDS
(string clientID)
{
Object[,] parametre = new object
[,] {{"client",SqlDbType.Char,60,clientID}}; //use 2-
dimension array
string select = "SELECT distinct
details.d_nfacture,project.p_name FROM project,details
where project.p_client = ? and project.p_refno =
details.d_refno and !empty(details.d_nfacture) ORDER BY
d_nfacture";
DataSet myDS = SqlGenericDataSet
(select,"client","SQLPME","AUCUNE",parametre);
return myDS;

This error message occurs in the Reference.cs of the web
service, at the following line,
object[] results = this.Invoke
("FacturesClientListeDS", new object[] {
client});
from the following function,
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute
("http://tempuri.org/FacturesClientListeDS",
RequestNamespace="http://tempuri.org/",
ResponseNamespace="http://tempuri.org/",
Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal
,
ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameter
Style.Wrapped)]
public System.Data.DataSet FacturesClientListeDS
(string client) {
object[] results = this.Invoke
("FacturesClientListeDS", new object[] {
client});
return ((System.Data.DataSet)(results[0]));
}

I can see that the variable client contains the good
string value from the debugger.

Again, thanks for your time....

Carl,

Hi Carl,

I think you should post your article in this newsgroup:
In there, our engineer will help you indeep.

Back
Top