CPU: Ryzen 7800x3d
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce V2
CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 5
RAM: 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000 G.SKILL Flare X5 AMD EXPO
SSD: 2 x 1TB WD Black SN770
PSU: 850W be quiet! Pure Power 12 M Gold 80+
Case: Lian li lancool III
Monitors: 4k Samsung and 1080p AOC

Sadly i have noticed my CPU to have pretty high temps. In-game it sits at rock solid 85-86(had some spikes at 87, but goes down to 86 fast). Decided.. well people run Cinebench a lot to test under heavy load.. lets see if it goes over that.. Cinebench 2024 gave me also 86 strong under load no change.

I've read a lot of cases where people ask, but it seems most people dont reach high temps as me? The games i tested on were AC Odyssey/Valhalla and the new Star Wars: Outlaws. All on Ultra. The 4k monitor got me around 83-84C which yeah.. less load on the CPU i guess, on the 1080 stable 86. The GPU never really seen it go over 60 and the one time i did was at 65.. so it runs super cool and i was more worried about it.

Are this normal temps? The place i bought the parts of i also asked them to just assemble it, as i didn't have the time to do it and im way too busy with work.. so why not. Did they screw up with the thermal paste or mounting or something? Everything else seems to work perfectly, its just this darn temps.. i never used to check my temps , kind of regret doing it now.

Any advice will be appreciated!

EDIT: Noticed that after capping my framerate to 144(not allowing it to go over 200) it dropped in the games mentioned to 77-81C, so i should assume normal temps and most likely don't run anything below 4k on this build as its straining the CPU?

Last edited:
My PC has a Ryzen 7 5800x water cooled, 32G RAM, GeForce RTX 4070 and while playing Assetto Corsa temp is around 85C and while playing Once Human around 75C. After reading this post I downloaded Cinebench and while it was unzipping temp shot up to 90C for a few seconds. Just my opinion but I don't think the temps are high.

Back