Any 3rd part List Controls allow colored items.

  • Start date Start date

I need to differentiate between items in a list box. I thought color is a
good technique. Anybody doing it?

Here is a previous post of mine on this issue:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.formscoding
From: "Stephen Lebans"
<[email protected]> - Find messages by
this author
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:33:56 -0300
Subject: Re: comboBox with different colors
| Report Abuse

You cannot apply Conditional Formatting to individual lines of the
standard Combo control. As you mentioned, you can simulate the separate
grouping design desired by the use of seperation lines, extra space
characters, etc..
A sample MDB is here:
http://www.lebans.com/justicombo.htm
specifically:
http://www.lebans.com/DownloadFiles/CboRowSeperators.zip

Another possible solution using "space" or other characters to format
individual rows is here:
http://www.lebans.com/commandbars.htm

Alternatively, you might consider using a SubForm in Continuous or
Datasheet view. Conditional formatting is supported in these form view.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans
ThomasAJ said:
Thanks. Looks great but way too many features and too expensive for the
feature I need.

Back
Top