animated image on form

  • Start date Start date

SPMU

I wanted to put an animated image onto a form, as a logo. I have put the
image onto the form but the animation isn't working. Is there something I am
suppose to do to make the animation work?

Thanks in Advance

The easiest method is to download a 3'rd party ActiveX control. For
performance reasons, it's written in ATL and multithreaded, I like and
have used this one.
http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/capacity/402/activex.html

For a listing of other controls have a look at:
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/gif.htm

You can also use the MS Web Browser control. Check the currently
installed ActiveX controls on your system.

Finally, for those situations where you do not want to use an ActiveX
control or just want to play a single Animated Gif as part of a splash
screen there is code on my site to do this in native Access VBA. No 3'rd
party DLL's required. The code is a bit dated now and does not include
support for Local Color tables that my latest version in VB6 does.
Update coming soon..it's my next project.(I've been saying this
forever!)
http://www.lebans.com/animatedgifplayer.htm

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

I've tried this code in Access, but I cannot seem to get it to work. Any
suggestions???

"Stephen Lebans" <[email protected]>
wrote in message The easiest method is to download a 3'rd party ActiveX control. For
[...]

Try one of the ActiveX controls I mentioned or simply use the MS Web
Browser control.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans