All images do not get dissplayed on a web page

  • Start date Start date

Not all images get displayed on a web page. Have tried most of the
reccomendations given on this forum. Would like to give a specific eg. On
the msn.com homepage the image under the hyundai ad does not get displayed.

Hi,
My personalized HOSTS file is blocking that ad from
http://view.atdmt.com/AVE/iview/msnnkonm0020000904ave Are you using the
HOSTS file from http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm or another source? The
HOSTS file is in different locations in different versions of Windows. See
the information at http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

If not a HOSTS file, an ad-blocking program of some type is blocking this
ad. You'll have to determine which one is doing the blocking.

Hope his helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Vishy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Hi Vishy :-)

That graphic appears to be a jpeg. In addition to Don's suggestion, you
might also try the following:

Try clearing the IE cache. I.E./Tools/Options/General/Delete files (and
delete offline content.)

Cannot see or save Images/Pictures Fuzzy Text and fuzzy web graphics
First - Do you have an accelerator supplied by your ISP? If so, try turning
it off.
It works by reducing image size (and therefor quality) for downloads.

I can't see JPG's or GIFS any more - red x - images missing - fuzzy
images/distorted images
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#jpg_gif
or .
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Zone Alarm Pro can block Images in IE

Go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom level>reset custom level
to Medium or Low
Go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>set the slider to Medium or Low
In Zone Alarm>Uncheck "Remove private headers" for all sites.
Go to this site and read on adjusting the Privacy settings in ZA. It will
explain how to customize on a per site basis.
http://www.donhoover.net/privacy.html

Web Page Displays an Image As a Red X or Not at All (Q283807)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

Disable any 3rd party programs or toolbars you have installed one at a time
and see if one of them is blocking the image.

Hope this helps :-)

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Back
Top