After IE6 SP1 critical update

  • Start date Start date

Chris T

I now cannot log in to my computer in anything other than
safe mode.

I run windows 2000, and after logging in get a black
screen. No application is running but the cursor moves
and I can log out and back in in safe mode and access
everything, well almost.

I have removed the update but still no joy. Someone
mentioned removing the virus software but this is
unavailable in safe mode and I would have to uninstall it.

Does anyone know what is happening?

--------------------
From: "Chris T" <[email protected]>
Subject: After IE6 SP1 critical update
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:22:14 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

--

Chris,

Have you tried the steps in the following article?

256194 - No Desktop or Blank Desktop After Logging On to Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];256194

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Back
Top