Administrtor rights

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Would anyone have any ideas as to why my pc would all of a sudden tell me i dont have administrator's rights and i cant carry out certain tasks ?? I gave a quick scan and found nowt wrong.....also can it be fixed??
:confused: Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi folks,
Would anyone have any ideas as to why my pc would all of a sudden tell me i dont have administrator's rights and i cant carry out certain tasks ?? I gave a quick scan and found nowt wrong.....also can it be fixed??
:confused: Zzzzz

Hi,

This is usually caused by some sort of infection, have you made any changes before this started happening? Does the same problem happen in safe mode?

Reaction score
Relative noob

TBH i dont know what safe mode is..... i downloaded some new freebies today and i thought they were clean cos i scanned them before running or opening them......they were sidebar gadgets.....also i notice that the ram guage i have on desktop is always reading at about 35-40%, even at idle....does this sound strange.....Thanks for your suggestions.

:nod: Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
TBH i dont know what safe mode is
:nod: Zzzzz

Safe mode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_mode

My Vista machine has done this in the past..Usually with downloads from untrusted sites...Generally the software I use is payed for and from reputable sites...If you downloaded from the site Abarbarian linked yesterday..Well the first time I downloaded a wallpaper from there everything was fine..Seond time I went on it, Kaspersky went into overdrive..Mine is a fresh install and I have scanned with every trick that you can think of.....I have had a few Vista experts tell me its a fault with the OS and not to worry about it...Anyway i'm sure somebody will come up with an answer fr both of us...

Last edited:
Reaction score
That safe mode stuff's too heavy for me man......i can just about manage to power up and email....maybe later....like 2015. LOL
Zzzzz

Ask a Question