Address Window

  • Start date Start date

Just recently the recent entries in the drop down of my address window bar
have begun disappearing. I can't figure this out, I have my history set to 45
days.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks.

Hi,
If you're referring to the (down) arrow at the right end of the Address Bar,
those URLs are in a TypedURLs key in the registry and are limited to 25
entries.
This article explains:
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer

If you're referring to Autocomplete, are settings correct in Internet
Options> Content> Autocomplete? Or, you may have corruption in the History
folder. Deleting the History folder and allowing a new one to be created may
help.
See: How To Delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Also, 45 days is quite a while to save History. You might have better luck
with a setting of ~25 days.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Tojib" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Hello Tojib,

Tojib said:
Just recently the recent entries in the drop down of my address window
bar have begun disappearing.
Can anyone offer a suggestion?

If you want to have more than 25 entries in your drop-down list you might
consider installing my free address bar replacment Quero Toolbar.

http://www.quero.at/

I welcome your feedback,

Viktor

Thanks for the comments.

What happens is that I might have just four or five in the drop down and yet
they disappear. I will start Explorer and they are gone. Can't seem to just
yet relate the problem to any particular program, but I am now looking at
Adware to see if there is a relationship.

Thanks again.

Back
Top