Adding URLs to the Shortcuts menu

H

Harry

I recently installed OL2003 and the upgrade program transferred the shortcuts that I had added to my "Outlook bar" to the new "Shortcuts" bar (the shortcuts were all URLs). When trying to add a new shortcut I right-click on the shortcut bar, or select the "Add New Shortcut" option (directly beneath the "Add New Group" option but am only able to add shortcuts to existing outlook folders (like my inbox, sent items, or personal folders), no URLs. Furthermore, when right-clicking on any of my existing URL shortcuts the "properties" option is grayed out.

Can't URLs be shortcuts anymore??

Thanks,
Harry

R

Rob Schneider

Harry said:
I recently installed OL2003 and the upgrade program transferred the shortcuts that I had added to my "Outlook bar" to the new "Shortcuts" bar (the shortcuts were all URLs). When trying to add a new shortcut I right-click on the shortcut bar, or select the "Add New Shortcut" option (directly beneath the "Add New Group" option but am only able to add shortcuts to existing outlook folders (like my inbox, sent items, or personal folders), no URLs. Furthermore, when right-clicking on any of my existing URL shortcuts the "properties" option is grayed out.

Thanks,
Harry

I've discovered same thing. Work around seems to be to crate the
shortcut on the Windows desktop (or use existing) and drag/drop them
onto Outlook shortcuts screen. My suspicion is that this is an
oversight in Outlook 2003.

H

Harry

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply. I'm still having trouble though - when I drag-and-drop an IE shortcut my mouse pointer changes from the little arrow to the "no" (circle with a diagonal line going through it) as soon as the cursor crosses into the Shortcuts bar. Are you able to drag-and-drop icons?

Thanks,
Harry

Thanks,
Harry

I've discovered same thing. Work around seems to be to crate the
shortcut on the Windows desktop (or use existing) and drag/drop them
onto Outlook shortcuts screen. My suspicion is that this is an
oversight in Outlook 2003.

Ask a Question