Adding Time in Ms Access

• Thread starter Thread starter vikash.verma
  • Start date Start date
V

vikash.verma

Hi,
I am running a query in which I need to sum up Time Values from a table in which the Field's DataType is Date/Time (Short Time).I am getting the sum up value but it is not correct.
Eg
00:07+00:07+00:04=00:18 but instead i get the value as 00:19:01
I tried using 'CDate(Sum(Del.Time))' fn but no success.

Hope to hear from you all soon.I think i am missing some fn.?

Regards,
Vikash

Like any other value saved as a numeric value, time values are subject to rounding issues. Have you tried copying and pasting the actual fields into Excel to see if you get the same results?

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

Hi,
I am running a query in which I need to sum up Time Values from a table in which the Field's DataType is Date/Time (Short Time).I am getting the sum up value but it is not correct.
Eg

Regards,
Vikash

This could be a rounding issue as Duane said, but it also could be the fact that Short Time is just the format for the date/time field. It determines how you see the data, but the data could actually have a seconds component to it depending on how the values are being entered. If you click on the values in the table itself you should be able to see if that is the case.

Sue
Hi,
Eg

Regards,
Vikash

Back