Adding post-data to URL - Techquestion..

  • Start date Start date

oystlars

Hello, I have problems adding post-data to the URL typed (or saved as a
bookmark) in MSIE.

This URL typed or opened from bookmarks in firefox works ok, but not in
MSIE:

https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/logi...praak=&[email protected]&pw=mypassword

It's the redirect "value" that becomes wrong.

username and password are submitted, and then you are redirected to:
https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/sms.do?spraak=

As I say, it works fine in firefox, but not in MSIE. I have also tried
adding "" to the redirect, but no..

Best regards,
Øystein Bakke Larsen

this URL is passing the username and password to the original URL
(loginProcess.do), whereas I suspect you want to pass them to the redirected
url (sms.do)

if this is the case, you will need to url encode the portion

https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/sms.do?spraak=&[email protected]&pw=mypassword

so that it becomes

https%3A%2F%2Flogin.gulesider.no%2Fgsi%2Fsms.do%3Fspraak%3D%26userId%3Dmyname%40server.com%26pw%3Dmypassword

Hello, I have problems adding post-data to the URL typed (or saved as a
bookmark) in MSIE.

This URL typed or opened from bookmarks in firefox works ok, but not in
MSIE:

https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/logi...praak=&[email protected]&pw=mypassword

It's the redirect "value" that becomes wrong.

username and password are submitted, and then you are redirected to:
https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/sms.do?spraak=

As I say, it works fine in firefox, but not in MSIE. I have also tried
adding "" to the redirect, but no..

Best regards,
Øystein Bakke Larsen

Hi,
A Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894- February 2004)
removed that functionality.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834489 for additional information
and possible workarounds.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

<oystlars[at]gmail.com> wrote in message
Hello, I have problems adding post-data to the URL typed (or saved as a
bookmark) in MSIE.

This URL typed or opened from bookmarks in firefox works ok, but not in
MSIE:

https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/logi...praak=&[email protected]&pw=mypassword

It's the redirect "value" that becomes wrong.

username and password are submitted, and then you are redirected to:
https://login.gulesider.no/gsi/sms.do?spraak=

As I say, it works fine in firefox, but not in MSIE. I have also tried
adding "" to the redirect, but no..

Best regards,
Øystein Bakke Larsen

Well, the script logs into the page successfully, but I am not
redirected to the new site.

And no, it cannot pass the username and password to sms.gsi, it's all
to be passed to loginprocess.do.

Logging in works ok, but I am not redirected.

Any sollution?