Active Documnet Server Support

  • Start date Start date

Kevin

Is it possible to develop an Active Document Full Server
or a Container application using C#?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Kevin said:
Is it possible to develop an Active Document Full Server
or a Container application using C#?

I'm sure its possible, but it will require some interop. You need to
implement the various COM interfaces required to be a server or container.
Asking in the interop group[1] may get you better answers than you are going
to get here.
For really simple interop, you can use the WebBrowser control to load active
documents, its not as nice and really is just a container.
One of microsofts articles promised an Active Document container control for
the 2.0 framework, that is still a way off and such plans may change,
however I hope they do not.

1. microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop

Hi Kevin,

As I understand, you want to create an Active Document Server which hosts
Active Document to be opened in an Active document container say, Internet
Explorer. Based on my experience, we are able to create the Active Document
Servers in Visual C++. While C# and Visual Basic .NET cannot. Please refer
to the following MSDN article on Active Document Servers:

Active Document Servers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html
/_core_activex_document_servers.asp

You also can get the sample of implement the Active Document Server in the
link below:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
ml/_sample_atl_activedoc.asp

Hope this helps,

Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Kevin" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Kevin" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Active Documnet Server Support
| Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:38:24 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Is it possible to develop an Active Document Full Server
| or a Container application using C#?
|
| Thanks,
| Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

In addtion to my original post, you may implement your "Active Document
Server" on your hand.
You should implement many interfaces that start with "IOle", you can refer
to the "Requirements for Active Documents" section in the link below to
know what interfaces you should implement:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html
/_core_internet_first_steps.3a_.activex_documents.asp

There is also a Visual C++ samples you can refer to:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
ml/_sample_atl_activedoc.asp

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jeffrey Tan[MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:31:48 GMT
| Subject: RE: Active Documnet Server Support
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|

| Hi Kevin,
|
| As I understand, you want to create an Active Document Server which hosts
| Active Document to be opened in an Active document container say,
Internet
| Explorer. Based on my experience, we are able to create the Active
Document
| Servers in Visual C++. While C# and Visual Basic .NET cannot. Please
refer
| to the following MSDN article on Active Document Servers:
|
| Active Document Servers

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html
| /_core_activex_document_servers.asp
|
| You also can get the sample of implement the Active Document Server in
the
| link below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
| ml/_sample_atl_activedoc.asp
|
| Hope this helps,
|
| Jeffrey Tan
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
|
| --------------------
| | From: "Kevin" <[email protected]>
| | Sender: "Kevin" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Active Documnet Server Support
| | Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:38:24 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| |
| | Is it possible to develop an Active Document Full Server
| | or a Container application using C#?
| |
| | Thanks,
| | Kevin.