access application size

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashish Kanoongo
  • Start date Start date
A

Ashish Kanoongo

I hv create an application using Office Developer edition, that time application size is 17MB, but once I copier this database on other machine which are having only Office 2000 and did modification and save it again thne application size is 4 MB.

Let me know what is cause of this application size.

By chance did you do a Compact of the database? This will reduce the size. It is normal for the file size to grow as you make changes to it. Compacting the database will remove the "trash".

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

I hv create an application using Office Developer edition, that time application size is 17MB, but once I copier this database on other machine which are having only Office 2000 and did modification and save it again thne application size is 4 MB.

Wayne

Thanks, you are right.

I also posted one more queries Subjected "Error : XP Compatibility Issues" in the same group.

If possible for your, could you please give an advise on that post.

Agains thanks for the propmt help.

Ashish
By chance did you do a Compact of the database? This will reduce the size. It is normal for the file size to grow as you make changes to it. Compacting the database will remove the "trash".

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Back