A whiter shade of grey

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Anybody know why form, label and textbox backcolor in an Access 2002 application developed on win98se is rendered inconsistently running on winXPpro, and how to deal with it? Most forms etc appear a lighter shade of grey on XP but some retain the original color. The backcolor property for the lighter shade is 12632256, whilst the dark grey is 16777215. But, if set to 12632256, the dark grey objects then appear white!

Here's an update for my own problem. I've found a fix for controls except the form itself.

Labels and text boxes that had the same backcolor as the form on which they sit, but are rendered a darker grey on xp (or rather the form is a lighter grey on xp and the controls retain their original backcolor) can be forced to take on the backcolor of the form by changing their specialeffect to etched or chiseled. You can then change specialeffect back to flat, or whatever, and the controls keep the backcolor of the form.

So what attribute of a form could you change to make it take on the new default shade of grey?

John said:
Here's an update for my own problem. I've found a fix for controls except the form itself.

Labels and text boxes that had the same backcolor as the form on which they
sit, but are rendered a darker grey on xp (or rather the form is a lighter grey
on xp and the controls retain their original backcolor) can be forced to take on
the backcolor of the form by changing their specialeffect to etched or chiseled.
You can then change specialeffect back to flat, or whatever, and the controls
keep the backcolor of the form.
So what attribute of a form could you change to make it take on the new
default shade of grey?

If you use the system colors for both the form background and the controls then
they will always match regardless of the system setting. You could also make
the controls transparent.

Back