A program is trying to access e-mail...

  • Start date Start date

M.Siler

Why am I getting the message:

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.
Do you want to allow this?

This happen the first time I strart Outlook 2002 and create an email for the
first time. Seems kind of silly that it's asking me this for Outlook itself.

Do you have any add-ins loaded?

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

Yes, two. But serveral other people in our office has the same add-ins and
they aren't being prompted.

If you have a different security pack, that could be why. What add-ins do
you have and have you upgraded to SP3?

--

Patricia Cardoza said:
If you have a different security pack, that could be why. What add-ins do
you have and have you upgraded to SP3?

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP
Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

I am using Outlook 2002 and also having the same problem. It started
after the SR-3 updates.

Gene Inouye

I have SP3 and the add-ins are one that notifies me I have a message in a
public folder and the other I've used for over a year and it allows me to
set which attachments I wish to accept or not.

I'm guessing from Gene's post it might be an SP3 issues?

Gene Inouye said:
"Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
If you have a different security pack, that could be why. What add-ins do
you have and have you upgraded to SP3?

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP
Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

I am using Outlook 2002 and also having the same problem. It started
after the SR-3 updates.

Gene Inouye

Yes, it's definitely SP3 issues. SP3 introduced a new restriction in the
security. You should contact the makers of your add-ins and see if they have
an update.

--

Gene Inouye said:
"Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
If you have a different security pack, that could be why. What add-ins do
you have and have you upgraded to SP3?

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP
Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

Yes, two. But serveral other people in our office has the same
add-ins
and

I am using Outlook 2002 and also having the same problem. It started
after the SR-3 updates.

Gene Inouye

Back
Top