2003: missing DLL?

Mr. Land

Just installed FP 2003 and after trying to open up my first Web, got:

Cannot open DLL "stsnwi.dll"

That file does not exist on my machine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Steve Easton

Try a repair or reinstall.
It doesn't exist on my machine
nor does it get a hit in Google.

Stefan B Rusynko

That doesn't appear to be a part of the std install
What OS do you have and SE are you trying to install
Just a guess
- but by the name of the file (stsnwi.dll) looks like a Sharepoint service which requires a Win 2003 Server

--

| Just installed FP 2003 and after trying to open up my first Web, got:
|
| Cannot open DLL "stsnwi.dll"
|
| That file does not exist on my machine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim Buyens

Just installed FP 2003 and after trying to open up my first Web, got:

Cannot open DLL "stsnwi.dll"

That file does not exist on my machine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Did you ever get this problem resolved?

If so, how?

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.interlacken.com

Mr. Land

Did you ever get this problem resolved?

If so, how?

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.interlacken.com

I did, but I'm sorry, I don't recall exactly.

I believe I ended up having to either add or remove some part of the
FrontPage installation...based on a semi-educated guess of what
STSNWI.DLL was part of (it doesn't show up in MS's DLL Hell database.)
Windows Sharepoint Services seems to ring a distant bell.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ron

Please let me know if you resolve this problem. Got the same error, and so
far tried a roll back and a reinstall, with no luck
Ron
webmaster[remove]@trafficlinq.com

Mr. Land

Ron said:
Please let me know if you resolve this problem. Got the same error, and so
far tried a roll back and a reinstall, with no luck
Ron
webmaster[remove]@trafficlinq.com

Jim Buyens said:
OK, thanks. At least that gives me a place to start.

Jim Buyens

(e-mail address removed) (Mr. Land) wrote in message

Again, from less-than-perfect memory, but I would try installing
Windows Sharepoint Services if it isn't already, or uninstalling that
part, if it is. Cheers...